Monday, April 4, 2011

Color Week #1 (3/28-4/2)

This past week was our first week doing a specific set of projects every day. I didn't get pictures of everything, but we did coloring with crayons, talked about things that are the color we were using, found things outside in each color, dressed in the color, and did lots of activities related to the color. Here are some highlights...


Red - I forgot to take pictures in the morning, so she's in her pjs at this point, but you can see some reading/red toys, and putting together a three piece puzzle (which she didn't get at all yet)


Orange - Coloring, dressing up in her Home Depot apron, Feeding the baby (orange juice!), Stamping


Yellow - The yellow tub, acting out "five little ducks," playing with the items in the box, trying out some yellow playdough (which she would not touch with her hands, only the plastic cup)


Green - Coloring and Dancing to the music the green caterpillar plays. I had to include the bottom picture because she was having so much fun!


Blue - watching the clothes in the washer get dyed blue, building with blue blocks, wearing a blue hat, coloring. The shirt she has on (though not entirely blue) was colored by Ashley the night before. All of the kids got to decorate shirts with fabric markers for spring break.


Purple - Coloring, Reading the purple penguin book, riding the purple bike, throwing the purple ball.

We're taking a break from the colors for a few days so I can get the next set of stuff together. Look for Pink, Brown, Black, White, and Grey next week!

Linking up to TOT School for the first time!
Tot School

6 comments:

  1. Getting to your blog from Tot School. Love the color scheme ideas! My kiddo is almost 19 months and I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the coloured clothes idea for the days- I did "colours" last week with my LO- it was our first time doing tot school. He is a bit younger than your LO but he had fun I think- although the concept of colours (except for red) was lost on him I think! Will have to try some other activities another time! He loved the books though that we red and the one on one time I spent with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to have color-themed days! I might have to steal this idea for my little ones. My littlest would especially love the five little ducks play. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a month long unit on colours back in Jan/early feb. I really like how you broke it down into one colour a day. I think I may do this after Easter as a review! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the title of the purple penguin book? We are using them as the theme for my daughters 1st birthday and I am looking for things to go with it! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is it
    http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Penguin-Plush-Soft-Book-Stuffed-Animal/29436428
    We got ours at a Sams Club when my daughter was a new baby, in 2009. Sadly we no longer have it. I think it ended up being given to a neighbor or was donated. It was a great toy though, I miss it!

    ReplyDelete