Monday, April 23, 2012

Chicka Chicka BOOM BOOM

I love the book Chicka Chicka BOOM BOOM, so we had to do a week on it. There are so many projects you can do with it, depending on your child's age. Here are some of the things we did.

Read the book - obviously. many many times. I have most of it memorized!

Watched a video of the book that I found on you tube.

I made a coconut tree using a coloring sheet I had from my college teaching days, and I colored it and used packing tape to put it on our dryerase magnet board. Then Ashley had fun having the letters climb the tree!

I had Ashley color a copy of the same tree to use for her lapbook.

She watercolor painted five smaller trees (I colored the trunks with marker) for her lapbook.

Lapbook cover I printed from online somewhere, if you recognize it, please let me know so I can link it.

Inside the lapbook. I cut out the trees and we glued them. We glued sets of coconuts (1-5) on to the trees.

I made the numbers, cut them out, and used packing tape to make them square, so they are easy to pick up, but see through. The numbers climb the correct tree!

On the back, we glued ashley's colored tree. I made the letters of her name the same way as I made the number cards, so that her name can climb the tree. There are storage envelopes on both pages for the letters/numbers to be stored in.

She loved that it spelled her name!

Tree made from a paper towel tube. I cut the leaves out and attached them. Ashley helped by putting the alphabet stickers on the tree.

The other tree we did, but it was too hard for ashley. There were holes poked in the tube for the feathers to go in, and the pompoms are glued on top as the coconuts.

What a fun week!

This post is linked up with TOT School. Check them out!!! Tot School

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these activities! I especially love the feather tree and putting the tree on the magnet board! I am going to pin this so I will remember it for later! I love her faces in the photos too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete