Monday, May 14, 2012

The Farm

This week we looked at Farm animals. We live out in the country, in a neighborhood, but there isn't much around us, so we see farms often. We had fun doing a few farm related things this week. We had a short week this week because of other plans, but we still fit in a few things.
I didn't ever get a picture of the books we used - but here is a picture of Ashley reading on her farm blanket. I made this blanket for her last year.
Coloring shapes with marker...
Which were cut out and turned into a tractor the next day!
Circling which animal is different, and drawing lines. I helped with the zigzag line, but she did the straight one by herself. This is something we've only started doing these last couple of weeks.
Separating plants and animals. I had no idea that ashley knew the difference, but she got every one correct! I put the glue on and she pasted them down.
How many spots does a cow have? I printed this on cardstock and put it in a page protector, and we used dry erase markers to draw spots, and counted them!

We did a few things I didn't get pictures of, we have some farm animal magnets we played with, and lots of coloring!

the pages we used came from 2 teaching mommies

We did one more thing I want to share, painting! We went out in the grass. She wasn't a fan at first, but ended up with a very purple canvas!
after it dried, we added white handprints, and I painted her name underneath them. And dated the back :-) I'll get a picture of it for next week's blog!

This is linked up with Tot School! Tot School

1 comment:

  1. Great activities! Thank you for sharing!

    I'd love it if you'd link up to my Teaching Time for Toddlers post!

    http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaching-time-for-toddlers-play-doh.html

    ReplyDelete