Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rainbows

This week we focused on the colors of the rainbow. Ashley already knows these, but we had some fun reviewing and doing some color mixing and other activities :-)
Books we used.
Making a rainbow book. I stapled the sheets together in order, and she just colored on each page.
We have the book "I love colors" about a dog who plays in paint. Ashley loves this book, and loved the coloring sheet where she colored her own dog. from 1+1+1.
Paintbrush sort file folder game from confessions of a homeschooler. Laminated (with packing tape because for some reason that is easier to me) and put together. Ashley really enjoyed this, but I never got a picture of her in action.
Rainbow from 1+1+1. I printed two, and I colored mine while she did. She was watching me very closely! She did a great job!
Rainbow dot page from 1+1+1. We used stickers on it, and we counted them lots of times!
We used our discovery toys bugs again this week, and sorted them by color onto paper plates.
Discovery toys game. You roll the "dice" and pull a card from the color you roll and do the activity.
Dry erase markers on a homemade board.
I made these sheets last year for Ashley, and I printed them out again for her. It was really fun to watch the difference in her skills a year later! She definitely attempts to color things in rather than just scribble.
Our favorite this week - marble painting! I wish I'd gotten pictures of the process rather than just them finished, but, I was a mess of paint! We did one red/yellow/orange, one red/blue/purple, and one yellow/blue/green. She loved mixing the paints up and watching the marbles roll! I love how these turned out, and I want to frame them together in our "classroom" and keep them up forever! Linking up with Totschool. Visit the pages and get lots of great ideas! Tot School

4 comments:

  1. Lots of fun activities! Love how your marble painting turned out!

    The puppy that your little one colored was also from 1+1+1. I just remember reading her post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marble pictures are works of art. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Harold and the Purple Crayon when we did our color week. I love the marble painting!!

    ReplyDelete